Monthly

The Mountainous TBR pile increases | Stacking the Shelves

August 05, 2017

It's summer which means book buying time! Expect a lot of these in the following weeks :)


Why are books in so many different heights and widths? There are 6 or 7 sets of dimensions in this haul alone! There should be a universal paperback height and a universal hardcover height, and they should stop there!

The Break Down by B.A Paris - I randomly stumbled upon this, but as soon as I saw it was about a woman who sees someone stranded on the side of the road one night, doesn't stop to help and finds her dead the next day, I knew I had to get it.

The Martian by Andy Weir - This has been hyped for ages and I love reading about space so I should have picked this up sooner. I also want to watch the movie, and need to read the book first.


A Court of Wings and Fury by Sarah J. Maas - I do not plan on reading this, no no no no no way in hell, but my best friend's birthday is coming up and it's sort of a running joke about our different opinions on this. So I got it for her.

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - I've already read this but I don't own it and want to reread it so I decided to purchase it! I own the rest of the series, so it seemed appropriate.

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle - This is a children's classic I've wanted to read for a while, and I'm so glad I finally found it! Plus, this edition is GORGEOUS!

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz - I didn't enjoy this very much, which is unfortunate because I brought it due to all the hype. I might have a review coming up soon, so stay tuned!

The Thousandth Floor by Katherine McGee - I have already read this but I am going to reread it at the end of this month in preparation for the sequel, Dazzling Heights which is coming out August 29th, so I brought it.

The Diabolic by S.J Kincaid - I love the concept of this book, which is this girl, Nemesis, who has been created to protect someone else, and has to pretend to be that person.

The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen - I read book one, the Queen of the Tearling and I really enjoyed it and want to continue with the series.

The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen - Again, I want to continue with this series and therefore, I brought the conclusion so I can do that!



A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray - I have wanted to read this series for a while and I finally found paperbacks for a reasonable price so I brought it. Multiple dimensions? Sign me up!


Ten Thousand Skies Above You - This is the sequel to A Thousand Pieces of You, and I got it so I can continue. I unfortunately couldn't find the third book or I would have got it as well.

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. Awesome book haul! The Martian is really funny even though it is really technical and falls into hard science fiction. I watched the movie recently and though it was pretty good though it cut out a lot of the details that made the book good. It just felt too short to me, but I guess I shouldn't have expected more.

    Besides The Martian I haven't read anything else on the list but they all sound great. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read many hard sci-fi-fi books but I don't think I'll have a problem with it. I want to watch the movie but I've learnt not to expect too much out of book to movie adaptations. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy all your books. A Thousand Pieces of You is really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have heard that, hopefully I'll think so too. :)

      Delete
  3. So many awesome books. I hope you love all of them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your theory about book sizes - sounds good to me. I haven't seen that cover for The Thirteenth Floor - well, maybe I have once. I like it better than the more common one. Great bunch of books this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, book sizes need to sort themselves together. I love both covers very much, this one is the "intentional" edition and the black and silver one is the US edition, I think. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I love The Martian -- I reread it recently and it was still good. Hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow, if it's worth rereading then it must be great. I look forward to it. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. I'm currently reading The Breakdown, I'm early in but I think I'm going to like it. Yes, I have to agree, all books should be the same size, I don't like how they look on the shelves all different heights!

    Enjoy all your new reads and have wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good, hopefully I'll like it too! I know! What is this incessant need to ruin the shelf aesthetics? Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I'm about half way through and it's not what I expected, I figured out early on (about 10% in) what was going on with her. I thought for sure I would really like it, it's looking about a 3 stars for me. I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
    3. Aw damn, that's a shame. That's too bad. Hope you find a better read soon!

      Delete
  7. I don't think there is one book in your stack I do not want to read. They all sound so good! I was thinking about picking up A Wrinkle in Time (I read it as a child, and don't remember much about it other than liking it) to read before the movie comes out. It's too bad you didn't like Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe more. I've had my eye on that one for awhile now.

    I want to read Cinder by Meyer this fall and then hopefully will follow it up with her other books.

    I hope you enjoy all your new books! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing a readathon this month and one of the challenges is to read a banned book (apparently it was banned at some point!) so I'm going to pick up A Wrinkle in Time for that. I'm glad you liked it, and I want to read it before the movie too. Yeah, Ari and Dante was a big disappointment for me. I really didn't enjoy it. Cinder is awesome! I hope you enjoy the series, they're really great! Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  8. Awesome book haul! All of the different book sizes drives me a bit crazy as well. The only books from your haul that I have read are The Martian and I think I read A Wrinkle in Time as a child but don't really remember for sure. Have a great week of reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know! Is it so hard to decide on one freaking size and stick with it?? I look forward to reading both The Martian and A Wrinkle in Time. Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  9. I loved The Breakdown, and I'm curious about A Thousand Pieces of You. Enjoy your week, and thanks for sharing. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I love it too! I know, A Thousand Pieces of You sounds awesome. Thanks, and no problem :)

      Delete
  10. The Diabolic looks great! I keep meaning to read but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm curious about Claudia Gray's new series. I was obsessed with her Evernight series back in the day but I haven't read anything by her besides that. Happy reading, and have a great week!

    Lauren @ Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, The Diabolic looks awesome! I actually didn't really like Evernight because I wasn't very into Paranormal, but this sounds more like my thing. Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  11. Woah, such beautiful spines! I love admiring book spines. :D The Diabolic was one of my favorite books last year! I'm so excited about The Empress being a thing. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a lovely week, Rekha. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Spines are more important than covers, imo, because they get all the display glory on the bookshelves. I'm so glad to hear that! Hopefully I'll love it as much as you do. Thanks, you too :)

      Delete
  12. Wow! You've got an impressive haul :-) I hope that you enjoy these books when you get around to them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOh I still need to read the Diabolic!! I seriously love that cover <3 ALSO: I absolutely loved Scarlet!! Cress and Winter are my faves from that series though, I hope you get to them soon!!
    ACOWAR was a bit of a disappointment for me, and kind of dampened my whole hype on the series, but I hope that you love it!!
    I've also been wanting to read the Tearling trilogy, it's on my wishlist, so maybe I'll get it for Christmas!
    This is quite the TBR! I prefer to just hide from mine. IT WORKS WONDERS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Yes I am currently reading the Diabolic and it is quite good! I have already read the whole Lunar Chronicles, I just brought Scarlet because it's the only one I don't own. I really can't decide on a favorite, I absolutely adored all of them. I literally despised ACOMAF, I even did a rant about it on my blog. I only brought ACOWAR for a friend as a present. The first Tearling book was enjoyable, so I'm looking forward to continuing. Haha, yes, I want to hide from mine too! 30 books on the physical TBR as of now.... *nervous smile*

      Delete

Hey There! *Waves Frantically* Thanks for stopping by! Please share your thoughts down below! I love reading and replying to comments! Comments make me happy :D